Thursday, November 26, 2009

To all the Ladies and Gentlemen who made this all so probable...



Without my friends,

I've got chaos.
I'd be off in a beam of light.
Without my friends,
I'd be swept off high by the wind.

- Alex Chilton, "Thank You Friends," 1974.

Happy Thanksgiving from all your friends at the Boogie Woogie Flu.

Download:

"Thank You Friends (demo)" mp3
by Alex Chilton, 1974.
available on Keep An Eye On The Sky

*********
BONUS:

"Be Thankful For What You Got" mp3
by Yo La Tengo, 1997.
available on Little Honda

"Thank You for Sending Me An Angel" mp3
by Luna, 1996.
available on Luna EP

"Thank You" mp3
by The Remains, 1966.
available on The Remains

top photo:
Alex Chilton, New York City, 1985.
© Ted Barron

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thank you so much for the writing, the photographs, and the music. Your blog is one of my favorite stops online.

And I have to do this anonymously because I forgot my Google password all of a sudden LOL.

Steve Pick said...

Either I'd completely forgotten it, or that Remains song isn't on the Remains LP I bought 30 years ago which I probably played 100 times back in the days when I had fewer than 100 records. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are awesome. So is your blog. Thanks.