Friday, February 13, 2009

True Love / I Smell Trouble



Consider this is a prelude to Valentines Day, or a Friday the 13th post depending on how you feel about it. Little Johnny Taylor on this two sider explores the dichotomy between love, and bad luck and troubles, with the intricacies of canine sensory from a juke-joint mystic.

Download:





"True Love" mp3
by Little Johnny Taylor, 1964.
available on Galaxy Years



"I Smell Trouble" mp3
by Little Johnny Taylor, 1964.
available on Galaxy Years

4 comments:

Nicolas said...

I love Little Johnny Taylor ! He's got one foot in blues and the other in soul. The first track reminds me of Snooks Eaglin Imperial sides.
Thanks for all this wonferful sides !

Anonymous said...

Great point, Nicolas L! I'd never made the Snooks Eaglin link before, but you're spot on. Just wanted to shout my admiration for Little Johnny too, especially his later LPs Open House At My House and Everybody Knows About My Good Thing, (apparently he trouble finding faithful women). W.

Mr. Natural said...

That old LJT got some hot! Great blog, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tracks, and I'm not even a blues man.