Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Message From The Meters



It's snowing in New York today. It's lovely and picturesque, but I wish I was in New Orleans. Today is Fat Tuesday, and it's time for us to listen to four sides from 1971 by the Meters.

Download:



"A Message from the Meters" mp3
by The Meters, 1971.
available on Zony Mash



"Zony Mash" mp3
by The Meters, 1971.
available on Zony Mash



"Good Old Funky Music" mp3
by The Meters, 1971.
available on Zony Mash



"Sassy Lady" mp3
by The Meters, 1971.
available on Zony Mash

2 comments:

The Hound said...

Having had to work several in a row as a bar owner, I'd say Mardi Gras is the worst time to be in New Orleans. Every Fat Tuesday I wake up in NYC I thank God....

Ted Barron said...

Yeah Jim, I know. I was only there once for Mardis Gras Day, it's a blur really, and getting loaded for the Zulu parade at 8 in the morning sets the bar pretty high. Some things happened, but I can't recall most of the details.