Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Fat Tuesday Mix


















Well Folks, today is Fat Tuesday. So naturally we'll listen to some scratchy old records from the Crescent City. All I can say is it's a good thing they exported these things, because I'd be willing to bet that there's a whole lot of these artifacts underwater, or stuck together with mold growing on them.

That's right, things are bad in Fluville. Remember the presidential flyover? I urge each and every one of you to get out there and VOTE today. I'm not gonna tell you who to vote for because it's a free country (ha ha ha ha) and I'm not sure who I'm gonna vote for yet either, but I'll tell you, the way it's looking, it's not going to be a white man, and that's alright.

So get out there and VOTE, let the good times roll, and then...

DO A BOOGIE WOOGIE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET!

Download:



















"Mardis Gras In New Orleans" mp3
by Fats Domino, 1953.
available on Walking to New Orleans



















"K.C. Blues" mp3
by Roy 'Bald Head' Byrd, 1952.
out of print




















"Let The Good Times Roll" mp3
by Shirley & Lee, 1956.
available on (Volume 1) The Legendary Master Series
























"Don't You Know Yockomo" mp3
by Huey 'Piano' Smith and his Clowns, 1958.
available on Having a Good Time with Huey "Piano" Smith & His Clowns























"New Orleans" mp3
by Big Boy Myles with Mac Rebennack's Orchestra, 1960.
available on 15 Greatest Hits On Ace Records (Edsel)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ted, I just discovered your blog through a link over at Mainsteam Isn't So Bad. You got so much goof stuff here it makes your head spin, I can't believe I didn't know about this place until today.

Good to see there are other Fats Domino fans in the world. ;) Keep up the good work! I'll definitely be checking back on a regular basis.


http://monkeybastard.blog.com
http://metalbastard.blogspot.com

Tom G. said...

Speechless...awesome post.

Anonymous said...

Great Mix - Found your blog via the German Rolling Stone. Greetings from Greifswald/Germany