Thursday, January 31, 2008

Searchin'


"I sat still for about five minutes and then my pipe got too hot. I put it down, looked at my strap watch, and got up to switch on a small radio in the corner beyond the end of the desk. When the A.C. hum died down, the last tinkle of a chime came out of the horn, then a voice was saying..."


Raymond Chandler, from Trouble Is My Business


Download:



















"Searchin'" mp3
By The Coasters, 1957.
available on The Very Best of the Coasters

"Bad Detective" mp3
by The New York Dolls, 1974.
available on Too Much Too Soon

"Prove It" mp3
by Television, 1974.
Eno demo from Double Exposure
also available on Marquee Moon

"Stop Showing Up In My Dreams" mp3
by Amy Rigby, 2000.
available on The Sugar Tree

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pete said...

"Searchin'" -- an all-time fave, and a staple of the early-60s British beat groups. The Hollies first real hit, Spencer Davis Group did a fine version, The Beatles did it for their audition ... wonderful ... thanks!

sroden said...

that's a gosh darn stellar quote!!!! this part kind of sounds like my music :
"When the A.C. hum died down, the last tinkle of a chime came out of the horn, then a voice..."

email me off blog, i want to send you some photos i found of music folks you might like. i need yer address.

Anonymous said...

never heard that amy rigby song before. that's great! thanks.